Ridin' the Rails: The Story of America's Railroads
Learn about the transcontinental railroad and the many ways it changed the face of America. Then, analyze what you discover to explain how the railroad affected the development, settlement, and even geographic layout of the American West.
- What was the transcontinental railroad, and where was it?
- Where did people live in the American West? How did they survive?
- What role did the railroad play in the life and work of Americans?
- How did the American West change after the transcontinental railroad was built?
- What encouraged settlers to move westward?
- cattle towns
- land grants
- refrigerator cars
- transcontinental railroad
"Ridin' the Rails: The Story of America's Railroads." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2228272?cid=272. Accessed 28 Feb. 2020.
Entry ID: 2228272