Story Guides Aztec Civilization
These resources explore Aztec civilization before the arrival of Spanish conquistadores. Use these resources to support students' understanding of Aztec society, religion, and empire. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- How was the migration legend of the Mexica important to the Aztecs' sense of identity? How did the Mexica create the foundation of the Aztec Empire?
- How did members of different social classes contribute to Aztec society? Why do you think craftsmen and merchants were so respected?
- How did religious beliefs affect the everyday lives of the Aztecs? Why do you think there was so much emphasis on following social rules and meeting the expectations for one's social class?
- Overview: Aztec Civilization
- Visuals: Aztec Civilization (Visual)
- Outline: Outline
- Transcript: Transcript
- Lesson: Introduction
- Lesson: 1-Aztec Origins
- Lesson: 2-Aztec Empire
- Lesson: 3-Aztec Religion
- Lesson: Closing
- Glossary Terms: chinampa
- Photos & Illustrations: Aztec Empire: illustration symbolizing the founding of Tenochtitlán
- Photos & Illustrations: Aztec Empire: page from Codex Mendoza
- Photos & Illustrations: Aztec human sacrifice
- Reference Articles: Aztec Empire
- Reference Articles: Aztec Political and Social Structure
- Reference Articles: Aztec Army
- Biographies: Montezuma II
- Letters & Narratives: Cortés, Hernando: letter describing Tenochtitlán (1520)
"Aztec Civilization." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2186096?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2186096