Story Guides Boom Time for Babies and Houses
These resources provide insight into the baby boom and growth of the suburbs during the 1950s. Use these resources to help students understand social trends of the fifties. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What was the GI Bill? What were the effects of the bill?
- How did the automobile lead to more suburban living? How did the rise of the suburbs change urban living?
- What was the baby boom? Why did America experience a baby boom following World War II?
- Overview: Boom-Time for Babies and Houses
- Visuals: Boom-Time for Babies and Houses (Visual)
- Outlines: Outline
- Transcripts: Transcript
- Lesson: Introduction
- Lesson: 1-The GI Bill
- Lesson: 2-Suburbia
- Lesson: 3-The Baby Boom
- Lesson: Closing
- Photos & Illustrations: Baby boomers in a hospital nursery
- Photos & Illustrations: Levittown: aerial view
- Photos & Illustrations: World War II babies and their mothers
- Facts & Figures: Suburbanization, 1950–2010
- Reference Articles: Levittown
- Reference Articles: Suburbanization
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Federal-Aid Highway Act (1956)
- Speeches: Eisenhower, Dwight D.: State of the Union message (1956)
"Boom Time for Babies and Houses." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2153078?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2153078