Story Guides Invading Iraq
These resources identify the factors and events that led to the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Use these resources to support your students' understanding of the U.S. decision to invade Iraq. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What factors might have caused the George W. Bush administration to link Saddam Hussein's government in Iraq to the 9/11 attacks? Were there other possible ways that the threat of WMDs might have been lessened without an invasion?
- Why do you think many Iraqis were not happier to see American troops removing Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath regime?
- Do you think the invasion and occupation of Iraq were worth the effort, lives, and money spent?
- Overview: Invading Iraq
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Photos & Illustrations: Afghanistan: American troops search for Taliban fighters
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George W.: aboard USS Abraham Lincoln
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George, W.: gives "Mission Accomplished" speech
- Photos & Illustrations: War protest, September 2007
- Reference Articles: Axis of Evil
- Reference Articles: Iraq War
- Reference Articles: Iraq War troop surge
- Reference Articles: weapons of mass destruction
- Speeches: Bush, George W.: announcement of attack on Iraq (2003)
- Speeches: Bush, George W.: State of the Union message (2003)
"Invading Iraq." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2151517?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2151517