Story Guides The George W. Bush Presidency
These resources highlight the events and policies during President George W. Bush's tenure. Use these resources to support your students' research into Bush's time in office. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- Summarize the election of 2000. Why do you think the U.S. Supreme Court ended the Florida recount after the 2000 presidential election?
- Summarize the events of 9/11. How did the government respond to the attacks of September 11, 2001?
- What reasons did President George W. Bush have for invading Iraq? Was Bush's decision to invade Iraq justified?
- Evaluate the success of the No Child Left Behind Act; how successful was the act in achieving high educational standards?
- Evaluate the success of Bush's response to Hurricane Katrina. Do you think the federal government's response was appropriate?
- What was the effect of President Bush's tax cuts on the economy?
- Why do you think the national unity that came to be after the 9/11 attacks could not be sustained over the course of the war in Iraq?
- Overview: The George W. Bush Presidency
- Topic Center Overview: America Embraces the New Millennium, 2001–2008
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Glossary Terms: chad
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George W.: oath of office
- Reference Articles: compassionate conservatism
- Reference Articles: election of 2000
- Reference Articles: election of 2004
- Reference Articles: Taliban
- Reference Articles: War on Terror
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Bush v. Gore (2000)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: No Child Left Behind Act (2002), excerpt
- Quotes: Bush, George W.: quote on the 2000 presidential election
- Quotes: Gore, Al: quote on conceding the 2000 presidential election
"The George W. Bush Presidency." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2151496?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2151496