The Close of the 20th Century, 1992-2000
Guide: America on the Move
These resources describe the changes in technology and the economy that led to an increase in globalization. Use these resources to support student inquiry into America's globalization of the late 20th century. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
Time Period Key Understandings
- Historical events can shape political institutions
- Legislative policy changes are often a result of events that led to demands for change
- A nation's economic policy is tied closely to its foreign policy
- Popular sentiments often change from left to right and can be represented on a pendulum
- Conflicts resolution is not always intentional, conflicts can resolve naturally and over time
- A nation's foreign policy actions have legacies that impact future foreign policy
- A democratic nation's social and cultural norms and practices are likely to change
- What changes did America's economy and work force face during the late-20th century?
- How have the cities of the United States changed since the 20th century?
- What are the effects of the global economy on the U.S. economy and work force? What are the risks and benefits of participation in a global economy?
- How have the changes to a global economy impacted American workers? Do you think it is easier or more difficult to obtain a job in today's economy?
- What is the sun belt? Why was there an increase in the sun belt's population?
- Overview: America on the Move
- Visuals: America on the Move (Visual)
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Reference Articles: computer revolution
- Reference Articles: international investment
- Reference Articles: International Monetary Fund
- Reference Articles: Bill Gates: Boy Wonder
- Reference Articles: Silicon Valley
- Biographies: Jobs, Steve
- Political, Government & Court Documents: United States v. Microsoft Corporation (2000)
- Speeches: Albright, Madeleine: American Leadership for the 21st Century speech (1997)
"America on the Move." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2019, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Search/Display/2153108. Accessed 21 Apr. 2019.
Entry ID: 2153108