Story Guides Impeaching the President
These resources explain the factors that led to President Bill Clinton's impeachment trial. Use these resources to support your students' understanding of the impeachment process against Clinton, as well as the outcome. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What was the Whitewater real estate investment deal? How did this event lead to the investigation of President Bill Clinton and eventual impeachment charges?
- How did the American people respond to Clinton's impeachment? Why do you think they responded the way they did?
- What were the results of Clinton's impeachment trial? Do you think Congress made the appropriate decision? Why or why not?
- Overview: Impeaching the President
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Photos & Illustrations: Clinton v. Jones (1997): Jones supporter
- Photos & Illustrations: Clinton, Bill: delivers statement on the impeachment inquiry
- Photos & Illustrations: Clinton, Bill: newspaper reports of Lewinsky scandal
- Reference Articles: Clinton impeachment trial
- Reference Articles: Whitewater scandal
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Clinton v. Jones (1997)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Clinton, Bill: Articles of Impeachment (1998)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Starr, Kenneth: Report to the U.S. House of Representatives (1998)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Whitewater scandal: Indictment of Susan McDougal (1998)
"Impeaching the President." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2153107?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2153107