Story Guides The War in the Gulf
These resources provide insight into U.S. foreign policy in the Persian Gulf War of 1990-1991. Use these resources to help students identify the causes that led to the Iraq invasion, as well as the effects of U.S. involvement in Iraq. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What were Saddam Hussein's goals as Iraq's leader? What actions did he take to achieve his goals? How successful was Hussein in achieving his goals?
- What action did Hussein take towards Kuwait? How did the international community respond to these actions?
- What were Operation Desert Storm and Operation Desert Sabre?
- Some people argue that Hussein should have been taken out during the Iraq War. Do you agree or disagree with President Bush's decision to not increase U.S. involvement in the conflict by taking out Hussein?
- How did the Gulf War affect soldiers?
- Overview: The War in the Gulf
- Visuals: The War in the Gulf (Visual)
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Photos & Illustrations: Afghan man walks past abandoned Soviet military vehicles
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George: with troops during Persian Gulf War
- Photos & Illustrations: Operation Desert Shield: coalition aircraft
- Photos & Illustrations: Persian Gulf War: chemical and biological warfare gear
- Photos & Illustrations: Persian Gulf War: Operation Desert Storm
- Facts & Figures: Persian Gulf War: Number and Service of U.S. Aircraft Losses
- Facts & Figures: Persian Gulf War: U.S. Casualties
- Reference Articles: Gulf War Syndrome
- Reference Articles: Iran-Iraq War
- Reference Articles: Persian Gulf War
- Speeches: Bush, George: Inaugural Address (1989)
- Quotes: Bush, George: quote on the Persian Gulf War
- Maps: Persian Gulf War: Troop Dispositions
- Audio: Bush, George: announcement of the bombing of Iraq
"The War in the Gulf." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2153105?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2153105