Story Guides The End of the Cold War
These resources summarize the events and factors that led to the end of the Cold War. Use these resources to support your students' understanding of the Cold War. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What was President Ronald Reagan's foreign policy towards the Soviet Union?
- What changes did Mikhail Gorbachev institute in the Soviet Union in the early 1980s?
- Which factor do you think was the most responsible for ending the Cold War, Gorbachev's policy changes within the USSR or Reagan's foreign policy? Explain.
- What happened in 1989 that led to the end of the USSR?
- Overview: The End of the Cold War
- Visuals: The End of the Cold War (Visual)
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Key Question: Ronald Reagan and the Cold War
- Photos & Illustrations: Berlin Wall
- Photos & Illustrations: Germany: Berliners dance on the Wall
- Photos & Illustrations: Gorbachev, Mikhail: and Ronald Reagan
- Photos & Illustrations: Reagan, Ronald: calls for destruction of Berlin Wall
- Photos & Illustrations: Reagan, Ronald: signing treaty with Mikhail Gorbachev
- Reference Articles: arms race
- Reference Articles: Reykjavik Summit
- Reference Articles: Velvet Revolution
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (1988)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty I (1991)
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty II (1993)
- Speeches: Reagan, Ronald: Evil Empire speech (1982)
"The End of the Cold War." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2153104?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2153104