Story Guides Columbian Exchange
These resources explain the Columbian Exchange and the affects of the exchange. Use these resources to help students develop their own viewpoint of the Columbian Exchange and its affects. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- How should educators and historians present Christopher Columbus to future generations of Americans?
- What foods or plants brought to America by the Columbian exchange do you think play the biggest role today in the U.S. diet and economy?
- Do you think Christopher Columbus should be blamed for the havoc Europeans wreaked on native populations? Why or why not?
- Overview: Columbian Exchange
- Outlines: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Lesson: 1-Physical and Cultural Exchange
- Lesson: 2- Plants and Animal Exchange
- Lesson: Closing
- Photos & Illustrations: Columbus, Christopher: arrival in America
- Photos & Illustrations: Columbus, Christopher: first voyage
- Photos & Illustrations: Vespucci, Amerigo: exploration
- Photos & Illustrations: Columbus lands in the New World
- Facts & Figures: New World and Old World Crops
- Reference Articles: Columbian Exchange and Agriculture
- Reference Articles: Columbian Exchange and Disease
- Reference Articles: The Christopher Columbus Debate
- Biographies: Columbus, Christopher
- Letters & Narratives: Columbus, Christopher: Journal (1492)
"Columbian Exchange." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2152643?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2152643