Story Guides Age of Exploration
These resources highlight the science and technological advancements that led to European exploration. Use these resources to support students' understanding of the events, ideas, and scientific discoveries leading to the Age of Exploration. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- Explain how one new technique or innovation in navigation led to an increase in naval expeditions?
- In what way did Christianity contribute to the European Age of Exploration?
- What was the Northwest passage and how did it play a role in creating a culture of European exploration?
- Overview: Age of Exploration
- Visuals: Europe and the Age of Exploration (Visual)
- Outlines: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Lesson: 1-Emerging from the Middle Ages
- Lesson: 2-Conversion to Christianity
- Lesson: 3-Tools and Techniques of Navigation
- Lesson: 4-Monarchies Support Exploration
- Lesson: Closing
- Glossary Terms: astrolabe
- Glossary Terms: caravel
- Photos & Illustrations: Ptolemy's map of the world
- Reference Articles: Renaissance
- Biographies: Polo, Marco
- Political, Government & Court Documents: Treaty of Tordesillas (1494)
- Maps: European Transatlantic Explorations of the New World
- Maps: Language Groups of North American Indians, 1500
"Age of Exploration." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2152521?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2152521