Story Guides America Begins the 21st Century
These resources explain the issues that the United States faced at the beginning of the 21st century. Use these resources to help students compare and contrast issues at the beginning of the 21st century to those of the mid-2010s. Use the Export to My Lists button above to turn this into a research list for your students.
- What are some of the major healthcare reforms the government has made? What are the pros and cons of the current healthcare system?
- How secure is social security? Do you think social security needs to be reformed? What reforms would you make to social security?
- What are the current policies around immigration? How would you reform immigration policy?
- Summarize the economic crisis of 2007. Compare the economic crisis of 2007 to today's economy; is the economy better or worse? Explain.
- Overview: America Begins the 21st Century
- Outline: Outline
- Lesson: Introduction
- Glossary Terms: Great Recession
- Glossary Terms: subprime loan
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George W.: calls for Medicare reform
- Photos & Illustrations: Bush, George W.: discusses Social Security reform
- Reference Articles: corporate crime
- Reference Articles: DREAM Act
- Reference Articles: Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Reference Articles: privatization
- Biographies: Frank, Barney
- Speeches: Obama, Barack: Address to joint session of Congress (2009)
"America Begins the 21st Century." History Hub, ABC-CLIO, 2020, historyhub.abc-clio.com/Support/Display/2152071?cid=256. Accessed 20 Jan. 2020.
Entry ID: 2152071